The Starters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RP set in an alternate, more dangerous Unova. You can play as a human, Pokémon, or even the hybrid Gijinkas. It's your story, so get it started.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WEATHER: Spring; the weather's warming up, and the trees are in bloom!

Dakota Peters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyuu
Admin
Kyuu

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Dakota Peters EdQG6s Dakota Peters DffaZs Dakota Peters 0SXgPs Dakota Peters LFtJxs Dakota Peters CxFw2s Dakota Peters NDU5ss

NAME: Dakota "Kota" Peters
SPECIAL STUFF: He's blind, though he still wears his prescription glasses, even if they do nothing anymore.
-- the piano; even though he can't see the music or the keys, he can still play. he has many songs memorized, and he's quite good at learning by memory.
-- movies; while he may not be able to watch them, he still likes listening to them.
-- audio books; he can't read, so... yeah.
-- pokemon; he loves to run his fingers through their fur or whatever covers their bodies. they just feel so different that it intrigues him.
-- warmth; if you're warm, he might just cuddle up against you.
-- home-cooked meals; tv dinners and fast food gets old real quick.
-- having a human in his company; casey isn't enough at times.
DISLIKES:
-- being reminded; he hates it when people bring up his blindness. he doesn't know why he's blind, so stop asking.
-- being called worthless and useless; it hurts him, even though he may try not to let it get to him. and, yes, he does get called this, mainly by his uncle.
-- baked goods; no. just... no.
-- peanuts; he's horribly allergic. don't get them anywhere near them unless you want a dead blind boy on the floor.
-- school; yes, he still has to go to school. and he hates it. the school didn't even give him an audio textbook or a braille textbook! homework is such a hassle...
-- running into things; because it hurts. like. hell.
-- being alone; he tries not to show it, but being left alone tears him up inside.
PHOBIAS:
-- to be forever alone... literally.
-- to be left in the dark for the rest of his life.
-- to lose casey or anyone else important to him.
-- amaxophobia -- fear of riding in a car
POSITIVE TRAITS:
-- cheerful
-- derptastic
-- smart; nerdy
-- musical
-- adaptable
-- loyal
NEGATIVE TRAITS:
-- he sucks at giving directions
-- stubborn
-- skittish
-- paranoid
-- gullible
-- soft-spoken
HISTORY:
Dakota Peters was born in Mistralton City, Unova to a kind father and a mother. His father ran a local bakery, and he seemed to constantly be baking something. His mother was a workaholic, and he rarely saw her throughout his childhood. His father would often taken him to the family bakery where his nanna would watch over him and make sure he didn't crawl into an oven. However, he never went near most of the baked goods, even while he was just a toddler.

The carefree trips to the bakery grew less and less as he entered school. It was a relatively small school for a relatively small town (it's really too small to be called a city), and most of the kids had parents who worked in the cargo business. He was sometimes mocked and bullied for having a dad who preferred baking over working with shipping and planes, but he tried not to let it get to him. Through elementary school and into middle school, he would come home with bruises and scratches all over his body, and he sometimes had his clothes soaked from... Well, you don't want to know.

At the age of eleven, in the seventh grade (he skipped the fourth grade), his nanna died. He was never told how, exactly, but she died. Her ashes are now inside an urn above the fireplace. It was a sad event, and he felt partially guilty for not visiting her more as school progressed. He tried not to let it get to him, and he continued on with his schoolwork and dealing with the bullying. The next three years passed him by slowly. His usual routine was get up, get dressed, eat, go to school, try not to get bullied too much, come home, and let his little Teddiursa lick his wounds clean while his father looked for bandages. This routine was disrupted only a week after Casey evolved.

It was just after school, and his parents picked him up from school. This was a rare ocassion because his mother was almost never home. Dumbfounded, Dakota simple slid into the back seat and buckled up. The ride home was silent and a little tense, the silence only being broken by the screeching of tires against the road. SCREEEEEE! The next thing he knew, the car was flipped over, windows smashed, and the car in general battered and torn. Kota was relatively unharmed, save for a few scratches and bruises that melted in with the ones the upperclassmen gave him.

He unbuckled himself, slowly squirming around until he was free of the buckle and the seat. He started heading for the empty space where the window once was, only to be stopped short when his hand came in contact with something wet. Looking down and inspecting his hand, all he saw was red. To his right, there were two mangled, limp bodies with eyes wide open, completely drenched in red. He opened his mouth to scream, shout, anything, but nothing came. The sound was caught in his throat.

The next few days... He didn't remember them. All he remembered was waking up in a room. And unknown room of black. Had he even woken up? There was a grunting from besides him, and a clawed paw was placed on top of his own hand. Kota blinked, his face scrunching up in confusion. "Casey...?" He looked to the side, searching for the large bear. There was nothing. Footsteps echoed down the... Well, he thought it was a hall, and a door opened. A mans voice entered the room, addressing his name. He was awake, and he was free to go.

He was told that his uncle was here to pick him up.

He had an uncle? When did dad have a brother? Oh, wait. His mother had a brother. With the help of Casey, he was led out of the room and into more unfamiliar territory. He clung to the bear's paw as though it were a lifeline, trusting her to guide him to safety. Another man's voice sounded, one he only scarcely recognized as his 'uncle', and he was led outside. Once more he was in a car, clinging to Casey as though they were going to be in another wreck.

They weren't.

The car came to a halt, and he was let out of the car. Dakota momentarily let go of the bear to feet around, fingers tracing the tree in front of his house and the front door when he arrived at the porch. He was home. His uncle unlocked the door, allowing the bear and him inside. His uncle, however, stayed at the door.

"Do what you wish. You'll start school again in a month, and I'll stop by to bring food every so often. I'm a busy man, so don't expect me to be here, you worthless boy."

The last part was muttered under his uncle's breath, but he could hear it. Casey heard it, too, and she instantly began to growl. His uncle left without another word, leaving the newly blind boy to stumble around the house.

True to his uncle's word, he didn't show up that often. It was only to bring him food, which he had to get Casey to microwave for him. When he was allowed to go back to school, he was able to get permission to have Casey guide him in the halls. Otherwise, she had to stay in the teacher's lounge. Bullying seemed to get worse with his new weakness, and it was only put to a halt when Casey showed up. The seasons passed by slowly, and he spent his birthday with only Casey for company.

STARTER:
Dakota Peters Ursaring
Ursaring; Casey
female; quick feet
hammer arm; protect; scary face; night slash

Last edited by Kyuu on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemon-rpg-stuff.rpg-board.net
Dog

Dog

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 pm

I love you. x'D
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Admin
Kyuu

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:36 pm

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS LOVE ME. BI

LOVVE ME.
Back to top Go down
Snigger
Fleet Admiral
Snigger

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 pm

I DID NOT THINK ABOUT BEING COVERED IN BLOOD AT FIRST

NO, MY MIND'S TOO DIRTY FOR THAT
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Admin
Kyuu

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Covered in blood?
Back to top Go down
Snigger
Fleet Admiral
Snigger

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Quote :
Through elementary school and into middle school, he would come home with bruises and scratches all over his body, and he sometimes had his clothes soaked from... Well, you don't want to know.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Admin
Kyuu

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

OH! Ohhhhh. No, no, no. He was covered in water. From toilets and sinks. 'Cause... Bullies aren't original. :I

HE'S STILL PURE.
Back to top Go down
Snigger
Fleet Admiral
Snigger

Dakota Peters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dakota Peters   Dakota Peters EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 am

OH OKAY. YEAH, I GET THAT NOW.

EW THAT'S GROSS XD
Back to top Go down
Dog